[DeTomaso] Cobra Kit Recommendation and Mustang for Sale

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at provamo.com
Thu Sep 25 16:14:28 EDT 2008

I attended this tour (or similar) and I took a bunch of photos (don't I usually?)
so if someone is interested, I can post a few.

Chuck

The Shelby Cobras are (unlike almost all
others, except Kirkham) exactly authentic to the originals, with all the baggage
that goes along with that.   Their 427 Cobras have the same coil-spring
chassis as the originals, while their 289 versions use the transverse leaf spring,
again same as the originals.   Elements of the car are built in South Africa;
the turn-key cars are completed at the Shelby facility in Las Vegas.   Several
years ago POCA Fun Rally attendees were given the opportunity to tour the
place and saw dozens and dozens of 427 and 289 Cobras in various stages of
completion.