[DeTomaso] Safety alert

Adin, David DavidAdin at mercydurango.org
Thu Sep 25 14:03:48 EDT 2008

Hi kids,

Yesterday a fellow racer was burned (now at Univeristy Med Center in
Salt Lake City, UT and doing well) when the Evans coolant misted upon
escape and combusted!

Lots of speculation about other cooling fluids (Ethylene glycol or
propylene glycol) being flammable.

Make sure your Pantera has the "heater valve" modification for track
day!  I would add a fire system if you intend to run this Evans stuff
(though I heard that while its exploding it doesn't respond to control
attempts).

Special dispensation for those not registered on the website for this
safety update.

David in Durango, Icky Old Man