[DeTomaso] Aluminum Cleveland Block

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Sep 25 12:59:10 EDT 2008

if I couldn't find or afford an aluminum block and/or I was going to build up
a high-output modern engine, I'd look at the new Ford iron 'boss' block. This
is a   8.2" low-deck 5-l-type pushrod block that uses siamese bores which can
be punched out to 4.125". With a 3.4" stroker crank (also from Ford), you get
360+ cubic inches. The block is much stronger than either the 351W or C and
gives a 1" lower C.G while weighing less. The available displacement gives the
same or more torque than you're used to, and it bolts up to the DeTomaso
bellhousing. Because its smaller, everything fits a little better in a tight
Pantera engine bay. This block is also designed for roller-lifter cams, will take
Cleveland heads and there's a billion aftermarket parts available. Just a
suggestion- J Deryke

Looking for simple solutions to your real-life
financial challenges?  Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information,
tips and calculators.