[DeTomaso] Cleveland Timing Set

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Thu Sep 25 11:05:35 EDT 2008

Dear Thomas and Asa,

I understand the cool factor with gear drive. I understand it has a cool sound. I understand that it is supposed to more "accurately time cam events" than a timing chain.

Dumb question: Does it ever "wear out" like a double roller timing chain?

Curious, Chuck Engles

PS: I called Summit: the 351C set *might* be available, but Summit found that it wasn't reliably and immediately available and ceased to carry it. So, a direct contact to PJ Gear Drives would answer that question, but I can't find any way to directly contact them even through their website---they seem to be a secretive bunch.