[DeTomaso] Cobra Kit Recommendation and Mustang for Sale

michael at michaelshortt.com michael at michaelshortt.com
Thu Sep 25 09:49:52 EDT 2008

Cobra Kit Recommendation is needed for a friend of mine, he is in Korea and
will be coming back stateside in the next month and wants to start a
project.  He formerly had a Contemporary Cobra with a 302, he has ruled out
Factory Five and Street Beats.  Probably can't afford the South African made
aluminum unit.  What else is there that can be completed with 500 hp or
thereabouts for under 40K.

He is also allowing me to sell his 1969 Mustang Mach 1 with a 351W in a very
rare color ( Aztec Aqua ) if you know anybody interested in those, nice
car.  I will be shooting it tonight for his wife so I can post it on eBay on
his behalf.

Here's the description that he wrote, ( I have a picture that I took last
year if anybody wants to see it NOW, I will have lots of them on Friday )

 Relocating across the country for the US Army is forcing the sale of my
baby. For Sale my 1969 Mustang Mach1 H Code. Numbers matching. This car has
over 22k worth of work done to her.  The work was done by a professional
restoration shop that specializes in Mustangs and Cougars.  Restoration was
completed in 2003 and her very first show she took 1st place at the New
England Ford Nationals in her class.  The very rare color called Aztec Aqua
was offered in 1969 only and it is rarely seen.  Only 569 Mach 1's were
painted this color and only 64 came with A/C which this car is equipped
with.  Many many times I have shown her at regional mustang shows and the
same questions are asked..."is this a factory color?'"  I have never seen
this color before"..In a sea of red mustangs it always stands out.  With the
Aztec Aqua paint she has a flat blacked out hood adorning the shaker hood
scoop.  NOS Reflective Mach 1 stripes running down the side of her. A flat
black Spoiler accents her trunk that matches her black chin spoiler. She has
a black deluxe interior with a fold down rear seat.  Factory AM radio is
installed,  you can choose what to put there.  The radio mast was located on
the rear passenger side, with talking to previous owners it may have been a
dealer opted option. Its very similar to the Shelby mustang set up.  I liked
it so much I left it there.  This is a great car and I'm very apprehensive
for selling it.  But id rather it go to a good home to someone who will
finish what I started.  She's a great car, very reliable, beautiful, solid.
I truly enjoy her and I will miss this car.

Car is factory equipped with

351W4v holly 600
FMX Trans (rebuilt with stall converter 2003)
9 inch rear end with 3:25 ( factory were 3:00)
Factory A/C
Fold down rear seat
rare factory color E5 Aztec Aqua
Deluxe Mach 1 Interior (black with red accents)
AM radio
factory rally wheels (with chrome trim rings)
Manual Drum brakes
BF Goodrich tires (year old)
Dual exhaust with the factory style quad tips. (High flow

I have a full detailed Martin auto report for this car including the
original bill of sale and a letter from ford which details my car. I also
have all the photos from the year long resto.  this car is not perfect it
needs some detailing.  She's all there and it wont take much to get it
done.

--
Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia
michael at michaelshortt.com
912-232-9390

privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you
have received this message in error, then delete it. Thank you