[DeTomaso] Cleveland Timing Set

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Sep 24 22:12:21 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/24/08 19 09 19, tonydigi at optonline.net writes:

> I have previously seen more chain stretch than I like, even with good
> quality double roller sets and hole drilled in front galley plug for extra
> oiling.  I am considering trying a gear drive in a new engine build.  Please
> post me your experiences good or bad.  Please include mfr and model.  Seem
> to recall there are really noisy ones and not so noisy ones.

I have a Pete Jackson 'quiet' gear drive in my Pantera and I *love* it.
It's never given me a bit of trouble, and it really is quiet.   It does make a
noise; if you listen hard for it, you can hear it, but most passengers don't
notice it until I point it out.   You can hear it a bit better standing outside
the car, but even then I have to point it out to people, and then they nod and
say, "Oh yeah, now I hear it".

It gives the engine itself (not the exhaust) a very sophisticated sound, not
unlike a Lamborghini in some respects.   It sounds like a very, very quiet
supercharger drive.

Highly recommended. :>)