[DeTomaso] My last day of 2008 Silver State Adventure

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 15:46:25 EDT 2008

Thanks AJ for being such a great ambassador for the team and the marque.
  Great reporting. When I have more time I'll add some additional thoughts but very glad to have you join us. The bottom line is whether you have a stock, street modified or full race Pantera you need to join us at least one time to see just how much attention and fun we have where we are less then 1% of the entries in this venue.
  Good Times

  Dawg
  asajay at asajay.com wrote:
  Well, this is it, my last day. I'm in the airport waiting for my plane home.

For those that didn't read all the way between the lines, I flew into
Sacramento where Mad Dog is currently slaving away on an airport
project. Since he couldn't take too much time off, he needed someone
to drive his truck from Sacramento to southern California while he
worked. Then after the event, to drive it back to Sacramento, after
he flew back the previous day. Since my Pantera is still waiting for
parts, I volunteered and was really glad I did.

The hospitality of the Brazilian girls and Team Pantera Racing spirit
was overwhelming. I really had a good trip and a really great time.
Mad Dog is a great party animal and he's a real fixture at the Silver
State events. He is known by many people, and people are always
looking for him.

With Dan Courtney showing up after Scott Couchman had to drop out, you
couldn't have asked for a better season (except maybe if Dan hadn't
had to shut down on course). They both got to start off this years
race and that alone must have been quite a sight. I hope our Japan
team members send us some photos. I think we'll keep pressing Dan to
show up again next year. He's got a good Pantera to run and he damn
near made it this year. We'd really like to see him add some ground
affect, and push the 160 or even 170 limit on the way to doing
unlimited. I think Dan can probably do it after a couple more times
down the course, some simple mods to his already race-ready Pantera,
and his determination. Dan has a good shot at it.

I had a great time playing "pit boy" for the Dog too; helping clean
the Pantera, get decals applied, help with the air dam and side
skirts, running to the hardware store and taking care of his truck for
him.

There is a lot of spirit in Mad Dog and he is passionate about racing,
and to a greater extent, doing it safely. His Pantera is a street
legal car and he drives for pleasure when he can on weekends. Racing
the care is an exhilarating distraction for him, one he's come to know
after many years of track events. Overall, I think he's lived his
racing life the right way. While younger, he tracked his car, and now
a little less younger, he races in open road races; less hard twists
and turns, and longer stretches to really get up to speed.

Open Road Racing in the Silver State or Nevada Open Road, is probably
the easiest and safest track event around. You aren't racing against
others, just the clock. You might have an opportunity to pass one car
or be passed by one car, but that's about it. There is a lot of run
off room with wide shoulders. With classes starting at 90 mph and
going up to Unlimited, there is a speed comfortable for anyone. And
it doesn't matter what speed class you run in, there is a lot of
respect from pretty much everyone at the race.

So my hats off to Dennis (Mad Dog) Antenucci for an outstanding close
to the 2008 ORR season, and for being a leader who continues to push
folks into enjoying their Panteras in this sport.

Watch for a redesign of the Team Pantera Racing website in the near
future, and some new insights to the man, his machines, his passions,
and more details about tracking Panteras in Open Road Racing.

Thanks for a good time Mad Dog.

Asa Jay