[DeTomaso] Calif Title Question

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Sep 24 13:41:08 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/23/08 10:51:38 PM, johnmckee at cox.net writes:

> That might be gone on mine as the engine bay has been smoothed.  Where
> exactly would one look for this stamp? You do mean stamped and not riveted right?

No, I meant there's a 1" x 3" aluminum TAG rivitted to the upper left inner
fender that has a number that matches a number Ford/DeTomaso stamped on the
Pantera engine blocks. The block stamping is on the left side just above the
bellhousing flange & below the head, and its a quite large stamp. But all it means
is the original block is present- and they weren't anything special,
Ford-wise. Hall and other vendors sell reproductions of all the tags- without numbers-
if someone pitched yours, but its very difficult to reproduce the peculiar
stamp Fod/DeTomaso used, on a replacement block. Matching-numbers guys think all
this is important but what it says to most of us is, the block is 37+ years
old and hasn't cracked yet. Cheers- J Deryke

Looking for simple
solutions to your real-life financial challenges?  Check out WalletPop for the
latest news and information, tips and calculators.