[DeTomaso] Pantera Side View Mirrors

redvobra at aol.com redvobra at aol.com
Tue Sep 23 17:34:12 EDT 2008

Be prepared to spend some extra money trying to get everything just right. Might be hardware, might be adhesive, might be paint, might be mirrors that you modify that don't work.?Try not to modify the mirrors or your Pantera until you are sure they are going to work.

Jaime and I have?done a bit of this kind of thing lately. Had to find a hood scoop that would fit our V8 Miata for example. It's harder than you might think. Ended up buying four different hood scoops before we found one that worked just right. We were able to return a couple of them, but we modified the first one and it didn't end up working so it wasn't returnable and not really sellable either. So that could be considered lost money. Also lost money on the shipping, both to and from us, for the scoops that didn't work.

Had a similar experience with my Pantera hood vents. Wanted something different. Bought some ebay vents and they didn't work out so now they're sitting on the work bench. I figure that's the price of admission for this type of thing. Eventually I figured out something that would work nicely.

On mirrors specifically, keep in mind that if your new mirrors mount in a different spot than your old ones, you'll likely have exposed holes where mounting screws were before, or paint discoloration, etc. Not a big deal if the car is going to be repainted though.

Hope it helps!
-Chris