[DeTomaso] Virginia City Hillclimb

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Sep 22 23:47:22 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/22/08 8:27:34 PM, RCBSONS1 at aol.com writes:

> Timed runs were on Sunday... I think I had 5... the first was a bust as a
> tiger broke a ball joint
> in front of me so I had to slow way down...

If that was a light-gray Tiger, It may have been our friend Terry Taylo or a
sky-blue on might be John Peterson, who as you say hve both run that hill at
least 25 years. For those who've not done this, it's not a Sunday drive! One
year Terry kinda lost it, touched a culvert, spun across the road and
corkscrew-rolled clearing a 5 foot deep ditch. He cracked a vertibra in his back and the
Tiger bent its frame.   He's had that thing since new so he replaced the
frame.... Jr Wilson ran the monster Pantera one year. He impressed everyone by
lighting those 14" wide tires at the line and smoked them until he was out of
sight. The comments by the awe-struck officials were hilarious! Good luck next
year- J DeRyke