[DeTomaso] Great work!

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Mon Sep 22 22:54:41 EDT 2008

Laurie,

It was a true adventure.  Having never been to one, I really didn't
know what to expect.  It was really like going to the Fun Rally,
except the main event was the Open Road Race.  It is such a relaxed
time, up until the actual race I imagine.  The people were all
friendly, a little bench racing here and there, but overall, sanity,
safety and practicality prevailed throughout.

For anyone that has not attended one of these, you really don't know
what you are missing.  You don't need a race prepared Pantera in the
sense of all the high dollar race gear.  To run in the touring class,
about all you have to do is make sure you have good V or Z rated
rubber on the wheels, good wheel bearings and bushings, no major leaks
and good seat belts (factory belts will do if they are in really good
condition) and a helmet. (no race suit, race shoes, etc)  I know a
whole lot of you meet this criteria, so there is no reason you
couldn't come out and enjoy a spirited run at 100 mph.  Heck many of
you do that in small short bursts anyway.  If you come out here, you
can do 100 mph for nearly an hour, with no traffic to get in the way.
Just do it.

The tech inspection spans three days, one in Las Vegas for rookies at
the school.  One on Friday on the street across from the Middle
School.  One on Saturday in the park at the car show.  So, yes Laurie
they still do one on the ball field.  :)

May of 2009 is the next event, the Nevada Open Road Challenge.  That's
eight months from now.  Start planning and lets get a big contingent
of Panteras there.  Remember, you don't have to go all out, just email
us, get the details on what you need to pass tech, put some money
down, make reservations and have a literal blast of a time, in a safe
non-threatening environment.

Asa Jay

Quoting LaurieFerrari at aol.com: