[DeTomaso] SS Update

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Mon Sep 22 17:04:46 EDT 2008

I know I have a lot more email to look at yet, but I thought I'd chime
in here.

Dan may not have been totally prepared when he arrived, but with some
good advice, and some local support, he was race ready Saturday night
and they grid him right behind Mad Dog.  After the first few cars came
in and no Dan in sight, we started asking for a status.  He was okay.
 From what we gathered, he had started blowing some smoke, like the
engine grenaded or something.  Later reports were that there was no
oil on the road.

Dan pulled off a pretty Herculean effort to make the race and he damn
near made it all the way.  He made it past the dips and past the
narrows. I'm not sure, but he may have only had less than 10 miles to
go.

Dan then showed up at the banquet later.  He didn't know what was
wrong for sure, but he saw his oil pressure dropping and he did the
smart thing: he shut it down and waited it out.

 From all outward appearances, Dan should have made it.  I'm
interested to see what he finds out in the post-mortem.

Asa Jay