[DeTomaso] SS Update and Speculation

teampantera at yahoo.com teampantera at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 02:22:18 EDT 2008

Dan was a DNF
Was losing oil pressure after canyon-Narrows @ about mile 70....then to save his engine he shut it down
He'll have details later to share
md

From: NSakulen at aol.com

Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:38:46
To: <teampantera at yahoo.com>; <cuvee at sbcglobal.net>; <scottcouchman at yahoo.com>; <cengles at cox.net>
Cc: <detomaso at realbig.com>
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] SS Update and Speculation

What happened to Dan?  Where did he finish?

Nick

In a  word "no"! ;-)

We may just give Dan the money anyway since he  definately put in some $$$$
and time to try and kick the dawg but he never  made it.

I on the other hand had a great run. Pantera ran like a  scalded monkey.
Temps for oil/H20 were like
190/200 F.  Pretty sure I  averaged +/- 150 MPH average. . . Usual
Challenge on the woops/dips at  speed but s blast to run #1

AJ was incredible.  A huge help all  weekend.
Everyone loved him and I am so glad he decided to go.

An  honorable mention to Scott Couchman who wrenched on his pantera for a
couple  months straight but had a tire tech issue on Sat.

Thanks to all who  supported us. To have the 1st 2 out of 123 cars start was
something pretty  special. As Dan mentioned earlier we had no vintage cars in
our class of 25+  cars most of which were vettes......wot a hoot it was to
listen to them talk  about how rough the road was!!! ;-)

0ff to bar n awards  dinner.

Good times

Mad Dawg
Team Pantera  Racing