[DeTomaso] Trunk heat question

michaelsavga at gmail.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 19:36:16 EDT 2008

Not normal imho.  And fronts
 Vents aren't needed
------Original Message------
From: Brent Stewart
Sender: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com
To: Pantera List
Sent: Sep 21, 2008 2:24 PM
Subject: [DeTomaso] Trunk heat question

So, perhaps this is a silly question and this is normal, but as a relatively new Pantera owner, it bothers me that the front trunk area gets so hot!  the engine runs relatively normally at 190 deg, but yesterday sitting in traffic in 75 deg weather, i could see heat waves coming off the front hood.  when i got home i opend up the front hood and could barely touch the master cyl. and reservoir.  I also have a fire extinguisher mounted up front, no way i could pick that up.

Is this normal?  i understand that it might be given that later models (i have a 72) have the vents in the hood, but is something going on? appreciate any thoughts you may have...

brent
4328