[DeTomaso] Trunk heat question

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 14:43:27 EDT 2008

Brent - you think the front trunk gets hot, you won't relieve how hot things
get in the rear trunk!

When I bought my 5-S, the former owner gave me a bottle of rather special
wine, which I put in the suitcase. The suitcase went in the back trunk.

I then proceded to drive across Austria, across the German Autobahn and half
of France. When I arrived, I discovered that the vibration and heat had been
enough to force the cork out of the bottle, soaking the contents of the
suitcase, and then drying everything for me!

The clothes were toasty warm and smelled, um, fruity!

Don't carry anything that could be damaged by heat in either the front or
rear trunks. Especially any kind of compressed air, or wine!