[DeTomaso] Silver State Challenge - Down Goes The Dawg -$5mil!

Dan Courtney dfcex at pacbell.net
Sun Sep 21 02:19:11 EDT 2008

After picking up tires and wheels in LA, we drove through Death Valley last night (all night) and made it to Ely in time for tech this morning.
I ended up with Falken 235 35 17 in front (23.8") and Falken 255 40 19 in back (27.2") on 9" wheels.
These are of course too skinny for a Group IV car from an appearance perspective but for this straight line course they should be fine. Less wind resistance than my 345's and a significant reduction in rpm.
MD helped me pass tech and I'll be headed to the start line in about six hours!
I got bumped from the 160 mph bracket to the 150 mph due to a four year old five point harness, so I'll be in the same bracket as The Dawg (actually I'm gridded directly after MD!)
The Beast feels ready to run, so I'm confident I'll be a couple mil richer by 8:30 AM!

Dan
Dan F. Courtney

Excalibur Commercial Real Estate Services
La Jolla, CA

Phone (858) 551-5455
Fax (858) 551-5456