[DeTomaso] 2008 SSCC day Six

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Sat Sep 20 20:01:03 EDT 2008

Today started out with breakfast by the ball field.  Pancakes, eggs,
ham and coffee or orange juice.  The Dog was up and parked in the
field by 0930.  I took a lot of photos and a lot of film.

Dan Courtney arrived and we got some photos of him and The Beast.
Looks like he found some Cobra Bullit (sp) wheels and put some Falken
ZR rubber on them.  Looks really good.

Later, Dog and I did final prep on his Pantera, attaching the air dam,
side skirts, washing the windows, taping stuff, checking air
pressures, lug nut torque, oil level and adding some ZDDP to the oil.
All that's left is to mount the video camera and put the driver in.

Later tonight we'll be attending the drivers meeting.  That's expected
to last a little while.  Afterward, we'll be buttoning everything up
and packing for tomorrow.  I probably won't write again tonight.  It's
up early tomorrow morning, and I've got several folks whose luggage
I'll be packing in the truck, while Mad Dog takes the Pantera to the
race.  I'll then be driving Highway 95 around the course to meet up
with him at the finish line.

It was good to see the man get around today.  Prayers and a good half
day of sleep appear to have made the difference.  Looks like I won't
be driving the Pantera after all, which is good, because I would hate
to take that five million from him for something like just being sick.

The Brazilian nurses (talk about multi-talented) are now in recovery
after the half day of therapeutic work on Mad Dog.  Here and I thought
they were supposed to get their own room.

Well, gotta go.  We'll write again tomorrow.

Asa Jay
PS. I uploaded a lot more photos to the gallery on the TPR web site.