[DeTomaso] Maximum Tire Height / Open Road Racing

Dan Courtney dfcex at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 18 06:22:49 EDT 2008

Mike,

What! All I've heard for years is that all front tires for the 10" x 15" wheels were out of production (Yokohama AVS 285 40 15 being the last). I felt extremely lucky to get a buy on eight pairs two years ago, but SS wouldn't accept them due to the date code (5 & 6 yrs old).
I know the 345 35 15 is still made in Pirelli P Zeros, but at just 24.9" tall they spin 838 rpms, which is WAY too much for my Silver State speeds (trust me, I've done it three times and I'm planning to go much faster this time).
If I could have found some 13.5" wide wheels in either 19", 20" or 22", then I'd be cruzin in style with 778 to 757 rpms!
As it stands, in the morning I plan to pick up some AFS Bullett style wheels to run Goodyear Eagle F1 GS 265 35 17's (23.8" short) and Falken 255 40 19's (27.2" tall / 765 rpms!)
These would be two skinny for street use though, so they would be dedicated Silver State wheels and tires.
I'd of course much rather just get some ZR Y speed rated tires for my front 15"s and a wide wheel / tire combo I can use on the street.
Who sells these tires, not TireRack I hope (after 5 different reps over these past several weeks)?

Dan

Dan F. Courtney

Excalibur Commercial Real Estate Services
La Jolla, CA

Phone (858) 551-5455
Fax (858) 551-5456