[DeTomaso] Two Pantera Questions

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Thu Sep 18 02:52:48 EDT 2008

In the early 80:sI remember a friend did have this problem
with a Mangusta.  What is needed to strengthen for lift-load
is a larger distance from the input shaft and up, to a bolt mount,
which is provided by a 5th centre top bolt. However, a fifth bolt
will also provide rotational resistance, but the thing is that I
do not use the two lower inside bolts to be able to demount the
gearbox in place, and even with my Tq the remaining bolts will last.
As fare as "lifting forces" are concerned, to lower bolts are not
involved since this is a "pressure side" of the  output axle.

But I am still only guessing here...
Goran