[DeTomaso] Two Pantera Questions

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at provamo.com
Thu Sep 18 00:06:57 EDT 2008

Actually the reason the factory changed the rear ZF mount (I believe)
is that with one (rear) mount and two front mounts, the ZF can much more easily
twist under the applied torque.
I do not have evidence (photos) of damage caused by the "early" mount, so I am
"surmising".

Sometimes DeTomaso changed things to be easier, sometimes cheaper, sometimes because
Ford made him, and sometimes it was "better".

Which was the reason in this case?  I don't know.

Perhaps the Germans (I usually like German engineering) pushed for the change?

Note the mounting method on the other various sports cars.

Chuck

     No problem with it that I know of.  It's just an appearance thing for
me.  You know,  "it is better to look good than to feel good,"  or something
like that.  :-))

Art