[DeTomaso] Maximum Tire Height

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Sep 17 21:12:02 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/17/08 18 01 50, dfcex at pacbell.net writes:

> I'm just trying to find some new tires to satisfy the Silver State
> requirements for this weekend.
>  I've been on the phone with Tirerack almost all day.
>  They don't seem to have anything in a 265, 275 or 285 that is less than 25"
> tall, in either 16", 17" or 18".
>  What do the other Group IV guys run once they move off 15"s?

They all use ridiculously tall tires.   Face it--you can't have a
large-diameter wheel and a small-diameter tire.   It's just a fact of life.   :<(

If you're just now trying to figure out a tire and wheel combination for this
weekend, forget it.   Just stay home.   Take your time, do it right and be
ready when the time comes.

Why did you wait until four days before the event to start working on this?
Oh, wait, that's right--you're Dan Courtney--that's how you roll! :>)