[DeTomaso] Will a twin disk clutch with a Borg and Beck Long stylepressure plate fit?

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Wed Sep 17 13:31:14 EDT 2008

What diameter disk is it?
Goran
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Green" <kenn_green at yahoo.com>
To: <detomaso at realbig.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:05 PM
Subject: [DeTomaso] Will a twin disk clutch with a Borg and Beck Long
stylepressure plate fit?

Mcleod is selling some over stock twin disk clutches on ebay. One is a race
clutch that probably fits with no issues, but it's not clear that it's
streetable. The other is their Street Twin with a Borg and Beck Long style
pressure plate and it looks like (from pictures on the Mcleod web site) that
the pressure plate is spaced away from the flywheel to make room for the two
disks, and it's nto clear to me that it will all fit inside a ZF bell
housing.

Does anyone know if there is room for the Borg and Beck Long style setup
spaced back from the flywheel (I'm guessing 3/4 inch)?

Thanks,

Ken