[DeTomaso] 2008 SSCC day One

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon Sep 15 23:45:01 EDT 2008

The plane ride down to Sacramento was beautiful.  The weather is great.
Mad Dog picked me up, got me to my puppy house and we went out for some
treats.  During dinner I got some good historical background on his
racing history and open road racing in general, in between the various
servers who were flirting with the main dude.  You'd think they'd go for
a younger guy like me, but nooooo......   must be the bald head and sly
smile.

I understand there are some final tweaks we'll be making to the Pantera
before it's ready, and then it's off to Ely.  I also hear the Brazilian
girls are warming up for our arrival tomorrow night.  It's giving me
goose bumps just thinking about what -that- means.  So the plan is...
tomorrow drive to SoCal and start partying.  Wednesday pick up the
Pantera and trailer, finalize tweaks make sure it's ready, keep
partying.  Thursday, load the girls, drive to Ely, keep partying.  The
rest is a bit fuzzy right now... maybe that's because of too much
partying already.   I already took the Dog's keys away from him, but
someone may have to take them from me next.

It's starting to get exciting.  I hope to see some other Panteras
there.  With $5,000,000 on the line, you'd think somebody would show up.

G'night all, see you tomorrow.

Asa Jay