[DeTomaso] ZF socket

Rod Kunishige rkunishige at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 15 14:22:59 EDT 2008

ZF plug tool

9/15/08

Thanks to the generosity of Chuck Melton I do now carry a 17mm plug in my toolbox.

Years ago my neighbor helped me unplug the ZF by getting a 11/16 bolt from his supply welded a nut to it and ground the head slightly to the 17mm size.  I later added a 17mm bolt with a double nut configuration to make a total of 3 tools for my boxes.  One remains home, two travel with the Pantera where one bolt setup is ready as a “give-away” as needed.

So, for those with mm inventory, look for a 17mm bolt.  American types, hunt down a 11/16 bolt and then file the head to fit.

I prefer Chuck’s socket but both alternatives work fine during the many TPOC tech sessions held here.

Rod

------>
From: Asa Jay Laughton <asajay at asajay.com>I purchase one from Chuck some time back. It was much more convenient than trying to find it on my own. I've used it now a couple of times and it's so much nicer to actually -have- the correct tool to do something. (Ask me, I know). Asa JayProvaMo.com wrote:> Me, (Is correct English I ???) and several people sell them.> It is a 17mm.   (Chuck Melton)