[DeTomaso] The Game is ON... Silver State Classic Challenge 2008

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon Sep 15 00:13:27 EDT 2008

I just spoke with the big Dog and the challenge is still ON.  Broken Toe
or not, ITBWILD -will- be running the race.  The pain isn't too bad but
the meds might disqualify him, so we talked about gear: helmet, suit,
shoes, gloves, etc.  It's just a good thing I got some time on the track
with Silver State veteran Craig Homchick last weekend (Talk about luck
and here in Spokane no less).  I think I'm all set to whip this thing
into shape for the man.  I fly to Sacramento tomorrow to meet the legend
in person.  From there, we travel to Huntington Beach to pick up the
Pantera, load up the Brazilian girls and hope we make it to Ely before
they stop partying because it's going to get wild when we get there.

I've been informed we will have the opportunity to view the million
dollars (5 million?) in it's secure location prior to the race.  I'll be
taking my camera and hope to get photos to post somewhere.  But by that
time no self-respecting slacker will have time to make it to the race
anyway.  But what the hey, it's not often you get to see that much
-cash- in one place.

I'll try to post more as the event rolls on.  Right now, we just want to
see who shows up.

Asa Jay
<heading to the edge, 'cause I'm taking up too much space>

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA

1973 Pantera L 5533