[DeTomaso] ZF socket

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Sep 14 18:39:39 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/14/08 15 12 24, wdemelo at cogeco.ca writes:

> What socket is used for draining the ZF? Isn't someone on the board selling
> them? Chuck Melton maybe?

Yes, Chuck has some (usually).   They are made by Powerbuilt, which is the
in-store brand of tools sold at CSK Auto (Checker, Shucks, Kragen).

They sell a drain plug tool for BMW, VW, Porsche that is a 17mm allen size.

Powerbuilt Tools, part number #648438.

However, I've found that they are not normally carried on the shelf in areas
where there isn't a fairly high density of BMWs, VWs and Porsches.   They used
to be available in my town, but last time I looked, they were no longer
stocked.   You can buy them directly from the manufacturer however:

http://www.alltradetools.com/index.html/screen/model_detail/category_id/191/di
splay_id/id43b2afa4463463.50543734/product_id/613

or more elegantly:

http://tinyurl.com/ZFDrainPlugTool

Their online store isn't set up to sell them however, so you'd have to phone
them.

Chances are good Chuck might sell them cheaper anyway!