[DeTomaso] The Line on the (multi-)million dollar bet/wager

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 14 12:54:20 EDT 2008

War is hell indeed! ;-]>

  Hey AF slacker....missed you a the 1st 2 SAC get-togethers so get it together, win the war and bring your skinny ass home.

  Dawg

MikeLDrew at aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 9/13/08 17 47 51, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> Maybe he needs to call Mike Drew for a C5 transport, Mike
> should be rounding that side of the globe shortly.

HAH! With the typhoon moving off to the north, we dragged ourselves out of
our hotel and out to the airplane today, to fly to Korea, and then Japan.
Shortly after takeoff our #2 GPS took a dump.  Then a few minutes later, the
whole airplane fell apart.  #1 INS, #1 GPS, #1 this, #1 that, all the instruments
on the pilot's side crapped out, blank screens and off flags everywhere.

So, now I'm back in the Westin resort again.

I had a very pleasant afternoon in the pool followed by the jacuzzi, and then
a nice dinner in a TGIFridays restaurant.

War is hell. :>)

The maintenance guys responded to our multiple system failures by simply
turning the airplane off, depowering everything, counting to ten, and then turning
everything back on again.  They've been out there for six hours now, and
there hasn't even been a hint of a failure.  So it's sort of like a
Control-alt-delete kind of fix.

So there's a good chance I'll be on the move again tomorrow....but I
certainly won't be near Patrick anytime soon. I still have to go to Korea, Japan,
Okinawa, Diego Garcia, and two stops in Iraq before I get to Spain. At this
rate I won't get there until October!

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion
blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.