[DeTomaso] And Another AC Question

Chris Difani cdifani at pacbell.net
Sun Sep 14 05:20:31 EDT 2008

Guys:

Got another AC question.

I've got a new, parallel flow aluminum condenser in the standard rear location on my '73L. It fits under my original fan shroud... kinda.... and that's okay. But what I'm thinking about is the fan. Looking at that three bladed fan, I just can't help thinking that there's better fans available now... gotta be better fans!  Since I need to leave the condenser in the stock rear location (for a number of reasons) I would like to improve the air flow thru the condenser, and that means a "new and improved" fan. The largest fan that would fit in the existing shroud is a 12" diameter, while the existing fan is around 10 plus inches.

So, my question is, has anyone changed their AC condenser fan? And if so, what did you install? and did it make a noticeable difference? And finally, if I go to a new fan, I can go with either a "pusher", or a "sucker", which would be recommended?

Thanks again for the help,

Chris

Chris Difani
'73 L #5829 "LITNNG"