[DeTomaso] Harmonic Balancer

Michael J Becker mikebecker at cox.net
Sat Sep 13 19:11:50 EDT 2008

For the last week or 2, I've been pulling my hair our trying to figure out
why its impossible to set the timing on my car.  It turns out that the ring
(with the timing marks) has become separated from the
crankshaft/dampener/pulley assembly.  The ring moves a little bit, each time
I blip the throttle, so the marks are always moving.  It looks like an
original/stock unit.  My engine is a 377C stroker.

A quick internet search yielded a wild swing of price ranges for these
things.  What type do I really need?  How important is this thing?  Does
anyone happen to have a spare one laying around for a 351C?

Thanks,
Mike Becker, San Diego