[DeTomaso] MME ENGINE FAILURE UPDATE

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Fri Sep 12 19:03:08 EDT 2008

Dear Chris,

                 Let me see if I understand this problem.
               1) you buy a high dollar, custom engine from MME
                2)  it breaks in short order
               3)  they tell you that the warranty is good only until it
breaks
               4)  you or they discover that you have two broken rocker arms
               5)  the rocker arms are replaced and all is well until ...
               6)  it breaks again----another, different, rocker arm
               7)  MME is out of the loop, but Jesel will replace it AND
they want to look at your engine and valve train to try to determine why so
many rocker arms are breaking

                       Is that right?    If so, then I would be very
interested in Jesel's evaluation of the MME valve train.   I am a rookie
engine builder, but I think that outright rocker arm failure is uncommon and
that multiple failures suggests either a very bad batch of rockers or a
fundamentally flawed valve train.

                  The last time I was in the middle of a similar situation,
the flawed engine builder accused the objective third party of purposefully
and wrongfully blaming them, because "they only wanted to charge you to
rebuild a perfectly good engine"!!!      I suspect that you may hear a
similar refrain after Jesel's examination.

                          Good luck,  Chuck Engles