[DeTomaso] (no subject)

dyogi at hawaii.rr.com dyogi at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Sep 12 17:18:18 EDT 2008

I plan on installing a Mcleod diaphragm pressure plate part number 360-850.  I am told that I need to either use their adjutable shim throw out bearing part number 16525 or to machine my stock throw out bearing carrier down .250" so the bearing will clear the fingers of the diaphragm pressure plate.  Does this mean I have to machine down the bottom surface of the T/O bearing carrier so that the bearing can be pressed down further away from the pressure plate side?  Sorry if this is a dumb question but I want to make sure before I machine the part.

Aloha From Hawaii,

Dennis