[DeTomaso]   Starter Woe's

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Sep 11 06:45:51 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/10/08 18 12 47, brogers at optonline.net writes:

> Garth, Thx for the starter recomendation. I can't beleive it's $50. U sure
> others have used it already?  U know what they say if its too good to be
> true... Larry from Pantera Parts is recommending a $260 starter he offers, he's
> been good in the past.
>
>>>That's a VERY expensive starter.   It has all sorts of features including
the ability to 'clock' it in numerous positions.

How many positions does somebody need?

The $50 starter is a strong, lightweight unit.   I have basically the same
one on my car, except I bought mine years ago from Pantera Performance Center
for $140.

It's probable that these $50 jobs are Chinese-made, although there's nothing
to indicate that when you look at them, I don't think.   The ones that I got
from Dennis was made in the USA.   And FWIW, the solonoid broke on it.   So
that doesn't necessarily make it better....