[DeTomaso] Laminova oil cooler

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Mon Sep 8 15:27:20 EDT 2008

Paul,

The opening/closing scenario you describe is not happening in real life. Take a situation where you start "cold" and start driving at highway speed. For me this is a practical reality as I live at the edge of town and can hit the open road within about 1 km. Engine temp rises until the thermostat starts to open, it will not open fully at once but gradually, then it will settle at a slower rising rate. Return water temp will over time rise to a steady reading with no overshoot if I drive at constant speed. I measure my engine temp in the block and the return water temp in the bend around the shifter rod below the water pump inlet.

Tomas