[DeTomaso] the long and the short of it

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Mon Sep 8 01:31:55 EDT 2008

My clutch slave is seeping (I guess that happens as we get older...) and I ordered a new one from Pantera Performance.  Dennis (who I believe is the owner of PP) and I had a long conversation about whether I should order a normal throw or a long throw unit, and when I told him about my car (a '72 with a new centerforce clutch) he said the normal would be better than the long-throw.

When I told him I had heard from several well-respected members the long-throw was definitely the way to go, he still said I should buy the normal one (he carries both, by the way).

When I asked him what I should tell my friends who will, undoubtedly question my decision to go the normal-throw route, he said "tell them to talk to me."

I mentioned this to one of the aforementioned well-respected club members, and he suggested before I install the new slave unit, I post this on the forum to get some feedback.

Now I'm just bracing myself for the onslaught of opinions!  Let me know what YOU think.

Thanks,

Chris