[DeTomaso] Dan Jones Weiand-X question

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 15:16:57 EDT 2008

> So It sounds like the CHI 2V 190 are the way to go for a street car
> with the X over say a set of Edlebrocks with the X.

For a stock displacement 351C that needs an intake that fits under
the engine screen, yes.

> I believe I have the earlier version of the X. But the ports are the
> same on both manifolds correct.

No, there is a port size difference.  It's not huge but it's enough
I had to trim the turkey pan gasket with a dremel tool and port match
the cylinder heads.

> Holley recommends the X for the use with their Commander EFI which I
> have been looking into.

Holley owns Weiand so that's why they recommend it but it's a good
choice for that.

> One last question in your opioin do you think the CHI 2V, aside from
> weight, are a better head than a ported and properly prepped Aussie
> 2V head?

Yes, the CHI 2V and even the Edelbrock 2V flow better than the typical
ported Aussie 2V head.

Dan Jones