[DeTomaso] 2008 Pantera Engine Challenge

michael at michaelshortt.com michael at michaelshortt.com
Fri Sep 5 09:38:31 EDT 2008

Hello All,

Lots of chatter lately about building engines, everybody has a speed secret,
there are varied budget concers, levels of performance, etc.

I lay down the "2008 Pantera Ultimate Engine Challenge"

Goal.

To spec out there levels of engine mods.

A) "Everyday" use with a budget of 4K in parts

B) "High Po" street use with a budget of 8K in parts

C) "Crazy MF" Use for Street or Track/Strip use with a budget of 20K

D) "Wild Thang" Track use only with no budget and racing gas

The rules are the following.

1) Must use Pump gas
2) Must use a standard Cleveland block as  a starting point
    C) Build can spring for an Aluminum Block
3) No Custom made parts, everything we spec must be available
    through normal sources
4) Labor Rates are not included
5) We will assume the starting point block has a good crank/heads and is at
standard bore

I will post the winning "recipes" on my website.

I look forward to the debates.

Michael in Savannah

--
Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia
michael at michaelshortt.com
912-232-9390

privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you
have received this message in error, then delete it. Thank you