[DeTomaso] electric fuel pump plumbing

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Sep 4 22:04:56 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/4/08 18 48 56, rimov at charter.net writes:

> I know plumbing electric fuel pumps using the drain plug is a very popular
> way of pluming, but it sure sends shivers down my spine having the fittings
> and fuel lines in such an exposed fashion.

Me too.   At a minimum, I believe it's a good idea to have a bolt-on skid
plate to protect the fuel lines from harm during any unintended off-road
excursion.   There's a perfect place to screw it to the underside of the chassis,
where it would be easily removable for any maintenance that might subsequently be
necessary (which itself would be rather unlikely).