[DeTomaso] electric fuel pump plumbing

rimov at charter.net rimov at charter.net
Thu Sep 4 21:48:14 EDT 2008

I know plumbing electric fuel pumps using the drain plug is a very popular way of pluming, but it sure sends shivers down my spine having the fittings and fuel lines in such an exposed fashion. I believe there was a very dear friend to us all that had had a recent accident and some time during the mishap the fitting was ripped from the tank. Had his vehicle not decided to determine the integrity of his roof his experience could have been much more devastating.

I designed a very simple  in-tank electric high pressure fuel assembly that fits into the hole where the tank vent cover resided complete with return line and tank vent. It has worked extremely well. I also wired it using a standard Ford inertia switch with a remotely mounted relay I picked up on E-Bay. The one I picked up was brand new and was few dollars more as I remember. I mounted  it inside near the auxiliary fuse panel on the firewall I designed for the EFI computer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-93-Mustang-Fuel-Pump-Inertia-Switch-94-04_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ310080580087

Paul