[DeTomaso] Ignition Coil Failures

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Sep 3 23:43:19 EDT 2008

I don't have coil issues, that I'm aware of.  Just my two cents here.
On my 1971 Mach I, there is a cable that goes from the negative of the
battery, directly to the engine block.  There is also a secondary cable
that attaches to the bodywork.  It makes good sense to me.

To run a larger cable from the battery all the way back to the engine in
a Pantera seems a bit of overkill, but maybe that's what you need.
Check the ground at the battery.  Get some long leads for your
multimeter and measure the resistance from the negative post of the
battery, to the engine block.  Don't forget to subtract the resistance
in the leads.  If the resistance is high, you need a better ground to
the engine block.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie