[DeTomaso] Laminova oil cooler

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 23:30:24 EDT 2008

Maybe at baby speeds the Laminova works okay but Erik Belter bolted one on my Pantera after my Fluidyne heat exchanger failed in 2001 ...

  The Laminova  worked okay for street and track events but did not do the job for open road race/endurance racing at WOT....in fact the Fluidyne air to oil cooler did a better job then the Laminova....I ran the Laminova  for exactly 2 months before I bolted on a replacement Fluidyne heat exchanger.

  MD

JDeRyke at aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 9/3/08 12:43:38 PM, adin at frontier.net writes:

> Am I confused here?  Isn't the big advantage of the water/oil cooling the
> very fact that it also heats the oil as the water temp climbs???? and, in a
> second hand way, the oil temp is controlled - nope too strong a word - the oil
> temp is urged to somewhat follow the water temp???

All true -in Summer. In the winter, oil temps climb VERY slowly and
over-cooling oil with heat exchangers is common. Most systems have a shut-off (manual
or automatic) in the circuit for cold weather driving. FWIW- J DeRyke

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel
deal here.