[DeTomaso] Laminova oil cooler

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Sep 3 17:41:11 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/3/08 13 25 13, JDeRyke at aol.com writes:

> All true -in Summer. In the winter, oil temps climb VERY slowly and
> over-cooling oil with heat exchangers is common.
>
>>>You've just made our point.   The oil temps would climb evenly with the
water temp if it was hooked up properly.

Over-cooling only takes place when you are running an air/oil cooler, that is
functioning all the time and knocking temperature off the oil even when you
don't want it to.

I have a thermostatic sandwich adapter on both my Cobra and GT350, because
they both have air/oil coolers, and it's necessary there.   But you definitely
don't want it on your car--you're not hurting anything by having it, but you're
not deriving the obvious benefit that the water/oil heat exchanger is able to
provide.