[DeTomaso] Looped brake lines question

Erik Anderson eanderson at geotracinternational.com
Wed Sep 3 17:07:05 EDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com [mailto:detomaso-bounces at realbig.com]
On Behalf Of JDeRyke at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 2:17 PM
To: MikeLDrew at aol.com; detomaso at realbig.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Looped brake lines question

Loops in high pressure lines are a sort of strain relief used to prevent

metal fatigue. You sometimes see them in factory power brake assemblies-
GM
especially. But the pressures in our brake lines and especially in the
hydraulic
clutch line are too low to exhibit much expansion & contraction. I'd
remove them-
its just extra metal that can trap air during bleeding.

>>> Jack, you would probably remove the loops as this would afford an
additional 1.5 grams weight savings, right?  ;-)

EA