[DeTomaso] Looped brake lines question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Sep 2 20:32:58 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/2/08 17 20 51, msm at portata.com writes:

> Presumably, you have filled and bled the looped lines many times since the
> early 90s.  Has it been a problem?
>
>  If it ain't broke ...

I have never (DOH!) filled or bled the lines.   I know, I should have.   But
the car sat for so long in a controlled, dry environment I didn't see the
need.

The fluid that I drained literally looked brand new, with no signs of
contamination etc.)

I had a spongy pedal on my one test-drive, but that was at least partly, and
perhaps mostly due to the fact that a fitting was defective and leaking.

I don't want to re-fill and re-bleed the system only to still have a spongy
pedal, due to trapped air in that loop.   But I don't want to tear the brake
line out and fab a new one either.   So, I have a decision to make and am
seeking advice. :>)