[DeTomaso] Ignition Switch Assy for sale- eBay

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Sep 2 18:22:56 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/2/08 14 29 7, steven.liebenow at att.net writes:

> Not mine! Just passin it on....
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250289874072
>
> Asked the seller, and he maintains that the body is at a 90 degree angle to
> the mounting stand off.  It is a 74 dated assy.
>
> I have a 76 assy and it is wildly different!  :(

This is definitely not going to work.   Although the body is at a 90-degree
angle, it appears to have a big a rotational twist thing going on at the same
time.   If it was clamped to the column, the key would be pointing almost
straight back, instead of 90 degrees to the steering column.

Compare to the Pantera switches here:

http://members.aol.com/mikeldrew/panteraignitionswitch.jpg