[DeTomaso] Speaking of Big Dawgs....

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 11:55:00 EDT 2008

I knew there was something about Cleveland that I liked!  Great comments on Newman.
  Bob Tullius/Group 44 was no slouch himself...winning Trans Am in both the XKE and later the XJS well into his 50's or perhaps his 60's...equally a great guy who always made time for other racers and fans at every race....as I recall and I could be wrong here but did not both winning Jag's go to Jaguar museum?

  dawg
Larry - Ohio Time Corp <larry at ohiotimecorp.com> wrote:
  Mike,

Paul Newman's mother lived in Shaker Heights, Just out side of Cleveland in
the early 70's. When Paul was in town seeing his mom he would always make a
stop at our small local road course Nelson Ledges (www.nelsonledges.com). I
do remember one time when Bob Tullius Group 44 tractor trailers pulled into
the track for a local race. Yes Paul was driving for them that weekend. I
think he was driving a 240Z. They had 4 or 5 cars there. They must have
taken all the raced from the locals. Paul would talk cars and racing all day
long. Very nice man.

God bless you Paul.

Larry - Cleveland