[DeTomaso] Connecting an antenna- Dakota Digital Electronic Antenna

Chris Difani cdifani at pacbell.net
Tue Sep 2 03:59:59 EDT 2008

Dave:

Another option is installing a fixed, digital antenna, like those sold by
Dakota Digital, thru Summit Racing.

Quoting from the Summit web site:

______________________________
Give your ride that clean look.
These Dakota Digital electronic antennas are designed
to pick up AM/FM signals just as well as external rods or aerial
antennas. They are supplied with a 9 ft. cable and require
only 3 in. of space for the mounting bracket.
________________________________

These run around $70 or so thru the usual online vendors, Summit, Jegs,
Dakota Digital, etc. Here's the Summit link:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=DAK%2DANT%2D1000&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Personally; I bought mine thru a eBay vendor for $35, including tax,
shipping, etc. I did a search using "digital electronic antenna" with the
"search description" option checked.

I installed mine under the front bumper on my '73L, and it works flawlessly.
Clear and clean, with no static interference at all. The only tricky part is
you need to run 12VDC power to it, as well as running it's antenna cable
back to your radio location. It can be a pain to install, but once done, it
is effectively invisible, will never give you any trouble, will never be
broken off, and you'll never forget to extend it.

And as a last info nugget, our very own Mikey D. has one of these in his
yellow Pantera....

Chris

Chris Difani
'73 L #5829 "LITNNG"