[DeTomaso] Mangusta at Concours on the Avenue in Carmel

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Oct 31 23:08:47 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/31/08 10 27 5, garth_rodericks at yahoo.com writes:

> Did someone on this list show their Goose in the "Tuesday: Multi-Marque
> from 1946 through 1971" Concours on the Avenue in Carmel during this year's
> Monterey Historics Automobile Week?  Beautiful car!
>
> http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/gallery.php?num=14751

Garth,

That's the former Jim Kuehne car, which in turn he bought from Larry Stock a
few years ago.   Jim sold it earlier this year to a fellow named Steve Neff
who lives in Marina, right near Monterey.   I believe the VIN is 8MA508, i.e.
the 5th Mangusta made.   It has a number of unusual features, including deadly
heavy decklid hatches made of steel (the production cars used aluminum).