[DeTomaso] Gr4 tire size

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Oct 31 16:11:24 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/31/08 8:41:57 AM, roofit at hotmail.com writes:

> But I was thinking on going 225/ 15 in the front because i was told i will
> have less chance of rubbing and less chance of the car wandering through ruts
> on the road.

The combination of super-wide rears with skinny little fronts will make the
Pantera understeer even worse than before and may be unsafe to drive in a
surprise rainshower. FWIW, any narrow body Pantera can run 245-50x 15 front tires
on 8" wide Campys, with no stock spring spacers and no rubbing. The steering
lightens and the handling improves. All thats needed is a few minutes of
ball-peen hammer work in areas never seen by the public. Our stock-appearing '72 had
this done 20 years ago, with zero rubbing or other ill effects so far. If you
don't feel up to the mods needed to do this, bring the car and wheels/tires to
any Pantera vendor and get them professionally clearanced in less than an
hour (guess) without damage to body, paint or other components. My 2¢- J DeRyke