[DeTomaso] GR4 Front Tires

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Oct 31 15:46:36 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/30/08 5:10:26 AM, charlesmccall at gmail.com writes:

> Stock front tire on the GT5 and GT5-S was.... 285/40/15 on 10" rims.
>
> Try it before spending the money. A wide body car handles a lot differently
> than a narrow body and you may not like it.

Indeed. It's been found by experience that those ultrawide GT-5 front tires &
wheels need much more caster than is possible with the stock front
suspension. Adding twice the paltry 2.6 degrees of max stock camber (tilting the front
uprights back toward the cabin) restores the stability the narrow body cars
already had by comparison. Extra camber can be added to any Pantera most easily
by installing offset a-arm bushings, or by shaving material off one side of the
upper balljoint carrier or by widening the stock upper front a-arms. Some
wide-body cars do all of the above.... My 2 pesetas- J DeRyke