[DeTomaso] Gr4 tire size

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Fri Oct 31 14:28:28 EDT 2008

Unless you get wheels with crazy offset the 225s won't fill out the Gr4 flares. With the crazy offset I think you'll have bigger problems with ruts than if you'd used 285/40 tires with stock Gr4 offset. Rubbing should be a non-issue as the Gr4 flares should provide clearance for the 285s. I know that some GT5s owners have used 255/45 tires on the stock 10" front wheels but that size tire is likely not easily found either.

Tomas